Announcement: ‘UPF Best Lyrics Contest’ (updated 10 November 2015)
The Lyrics Contest has ended (15th December 2015). Winners will be announced in the New Year. We would like to thank everyone who participated.
United Progressive Fraternity, in the spirit of being collectively united with fellow musicians, which also includes a global support network of Country Representatives, Promoters, Producers, Musicians, Writers and Artists, and most of all our legions of environmentally conscious fans, is proud to kick off an exciting ‘Best Lyrics Competition’.
The Message of the Fraternity is “To promote environmental and social awareness, directly relating to the state of Planet Earth and the human condition. The predominant message is one of hope, highlighting that we can make a difference through the power of music.”
So what difference can you make? PLENTY! – and here is your chance if you feel you have the talent to pen these themes into song lyrics that will reach listeners around the planet. In other words, what you write really does have the power to change the world, not just for the short time it takes to listen to a song, but how that message resonates and propagates down the line to trigger and inspire long term action and provide millions with hope in the form of solutions for a dying earth, our only home.
The bottom line here is that United Progressive Fraternity, through your lyrics can help bring about a much needed change in our troubled world. Together, we are raising the awareness leading to action.
- Contents of lyrics should be about our troubled world (‘Loss’), environmental issues, finding a solution (‘Hope’)
- Send all lyrical ideas to trueack (at) bigpond.com in word document format
- One entry per person. So if you have more than one lyric, pick the best one for the contest 🙂
- Opening date 15th August 2015
- Closing Date 15th December 2015 (extended)
Two sets of lyrics will be selected for inclusion on our forthcoming album, one for the each of the two themes on ‘Planetary Overload – Loss (CD1) and Hope (CD2)’.
- Lyrics submitted will be sung in part or in full, on the song or songs UPF determines is most appropriate.
- Lyrics may be edited to fit the tempo and music.
- All winners will be credited on the album and song royalties will be shared with the contest winner.
- Winners will also receive a copy of the album (of course!)